Radica is the principal reseller for the Davicom MAC system, a market leading telemetry system offering complete control and confidence. Based in the UK, Radica offers Davicom products worldwide outside the Americas.
The MAC unit watches over critical equipment such as transmitters, antennae, audio/video devices, power sources, building security, tower lights etc., and will act either automatically, or through the hands of an operator communicating via the remote software interface. The action might be to switch to back-up resources, re-route signals, or re-set trips.
Benefits of the MAC system include:
- Saves time and money - avoid unnecessary trips to remote sites.
- Handles call-outs more efficiently - know what’s occurred before you go.
- Reduces operational down-time - instant alerting, and automatic or remote manual intervention.
- Reduces site maintenance costs - comprehensive logging and reporting helps diagnose and avert problems.
- Enables network management - with MacNet, multiple sites can be monitored centrally.
Features of the MAC system include:
- Reliability - leading broadcasters have been using MAC units for over 10 years.
- Robustness - purpose-built architecture running Linux, with no moving parts such as hard disk drives or fans. Can handle electric fields of over 10 V/m and electrostatic discharges of 12 kV.
- Versatile connectivity - by landline, mobile phone, RF link, satellite or IP network.
- Versatile communication - send alarms as e-mails, mobile SMS text messages, vocalised phone calls, pager alerts, faxes or SNMP traps, and secure HTTPS access from a browser, including smart phones
- Security - 128-bit encrypted IP included in communications options.
- User-customisable interface - reflect the exact set-up of your site.
- Bilingual capability - users can select different languages for vocal alerts and screen text e.g. English and Chinese.
- Powerful logic functions - enabling programming of conditional actions and events.
- Multiple alarm calling lists - to direct event-based or time-based alerts at different sets of users.
- Multiple timers - to allow scheduling of control tasks.
- Audio streaming via IP or telephone for confidence check.
- Can handle legacy/ancillary site equipment through serial and IP ports.
- ModBus compatible - interfaces with industrial SCADA systems.
- Highly accurate TCXO-based real-time clock, with daylight saving time enabled.
- Fully SNMP compliant.
- CE marked and RoHS/WEEE compliant.
- .... and more to come in future firmware releases!
Applications for the MAC system
The Davicom MAC system was originally developed for the monitoring and control of equipment on unmanned remote and inaccessible radio and TV transmitter sites.
The power and versatility of the system also make it suitable for applications far wider than the broadcasting industry - such as security, communications, utilities and industrial process control.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your specific requirements.